Wednesday, January 23, 2013

About My Impending Hiatus (Yes, Another Hiatus)


As I've said, it's time for me to take a hiatus.

I've grown a bit tired of the stories I'm writing now. I feel locked into a style of writing that I never intended to own. I wrote the first chapter of Antioch by accident, but since then, I've been writing a long series of relationship dramas.

The truth is that, while I respect this type of writing, I want to write horror. I feel that at my current pace, I'll never be able to write horror. I need time to practice, and time to write.

I do feel that I've gained valuable experience as a writer of character driven dramatic short stories and novels, though.

I'll be releasing two more short stories, and the remainder of The House On Bernard Street, and then I will be in full hiatus. I am only in a partial one right now.

That's not to say I'm not writing or that I won't be writing. I simply won't be publishing it online for a while.

I'll be writing three horror novels, covers and descriptions to follow.

The Caretakers
A novel about a Joe Ramsey and his dying mother, who rent a house in the country. The landlord supplies three men who work around the house, and their presence causes Mrs. Ramsey to get well. But at what cost? Joe learns a sinister secret about the house and the men who inhabit it, and he's soon faced with a decision no one should ever have to make.









The Lucid Dark
A novel about a man who rents a house with four friends when he goes away to college. Before long, though, parts of the house began to disappear. When the bedrooms vanish, so do his friends, and he seems to be the only one who remembers they were ever there to begin with.











Kill John
A novel about John, a college student who's on his own for the first time. He rents a house near campus with a boy he meets in one of his classes. Soon, though, he begins to see dark shadows that look like the people he knows. Soon, he realizes that he can't distinguish between these ghosts and real people they represent, and before long, he's even afraid of himself.









So you see, it's not really a break from writing so much as a step toward goals I'd almost forgotten.

I certainly hope that all of you will stay with me as I change.

No comments:

Post a Comment